Synopses of 2012 Challenges
Challenge A: assembly required
- Design and build Equipment that retrieves Parts and delivers Products.
- Assemble Products from team-provided Parts to fill Orders, and use the Products in your team’s Presentation.
- Earn extra points by deciding how best to fill Orders with no Parts or Products left over in the Assembly Area.
- Present a team-created story about something that happens just in time.
Challenge B: solar stage
- Create and present a theatrical performance that tells a Story about the use of solar energy.
- Integrate research about past and/or current uses of solar energy.
- Design and create a Solar Energy Prototype that demonstrates a new way to collect, capture and use solar energy.
- Design and provide Theatrical Lighting to illuminate the Presentation and to create special theatrical effects.
Challenge C: coming attractions
- Present a Movie Trailer involving characters from at least two Nations.
- Design a Cinematic Special Effect and feature it in the Movie Trailer.
- Create an Original Soundtrack that complements the Movie Trailer.
Challenge D: news to me
- Learn about different types of News Stories.
- Learn about Cause-and-Effect relationships.
- Use Cooperative Human Scenery and Props to enhance your Skit.
- Create a 5-minute Improvisational Skit about the Cause-and-Effect relationship between two unrelated News Stories.
- Have all your plans suddenly become totally discombobulated by a One-Minute Glitch (OMG)!
Challenge E: hold it!
- Design, build and test a Structure made entirely out of wood and glue to hold weight and contain Tournament-provided golf balls.
- Design and build a Delivery Device that will deposit the golf balls, one at a time, into the Structure.
- Create and present an original Story about a “Captivator.”
- Integrate the Weight Placement and Golf Ball Delivery into the Story.
Project Outreach: the world canvas
- Use creative problem solving tools to identify and select at least one real community need.
- Design and carry out a Project to address the need.
- Create an Advertisement and use it in your Project.
- Create a Marketing Brochure to describe your Project.
- Share your Project at the Tournament with an entertaining live Presentation.
Rising Stars: built to last
- Learn about toys and how they have changed over time.
- Create a play about making the last toy that will ever be made.
- Explore how your team works together to make decisions about your team-created toy.
Powered by Drupal
, an open source content management system. iEarth