2015 Scholarship Fundraiser Auction
DISC is conducting their Global Final fund raiser auction on line. You may bid on items even if you are not attending Global Finals. Every item in the auction that can be shipped with have a shipping cost listed. If you are not attending Global Finals and you are the successful bidder we will add the shipping cost to your winning bid before asking for your payment.
Auction Terms and Conditions
- All bidders must be 18 years of age or above.
- A bid is construed as a legal agreement to purchase the listed item(s) at the amount indicated.
- All known or apparent contents, blemishes, restrictions, and details of items have been indicated in the descriptions or are otherwise on the displays.
- Gift certificates, gift cards, etc. are not displayed, but will be provided at the time of payment.
- Reservations for trips, stays in hotels, use of facilities, ticket redemption or other such items must be mutually arranged by the winning bidder and the donor unless otherwise specified. Blackout periods, expiration dates and restrictions may apply.
- Restrictions and expiration dates may apply on several auction items. Gift certificates should be thoroughly scrutinized. The utmost care has been taken to note restrictions as accurately as possible; however, Destination Imagination is not responsible for any restrictions omitted or not otherwise indicated by the donor, or prizes not claimed within the scope of restrictions or expiration dates.
- Bidding Opens: 5/20/2015 12:00 pm EST
- Bidding Closes: 5/23/2015 12:00 pm EST
You must create a bidder account to participate in the auction.
To create a Bidder Account:
- Go to: http://charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/disc Click on "Register as a Bidder" near the top of the page.
- Make sure you use a phone number where you can be reached during Global Finals. You can elect to receive a Text Message if you are outbid on an item. If you select this option standard text messaging, data, and/or other charges may apply
Our new auction provider has an option so that you can place a bid via text message. Instructions for this are on the auction website. Click on "Bid by Text" for more information.
Popcorn bidding (anti sniping)
- For those of you that participated in last years auction. Because of increased costs, we have had to change our on-line auction provider. The provider we have selected does not have the option that automatically extends the bid deadline if a bid is placed in the last 5 minutes of the auction. The auction will close promptly at the listed time.
Close of Auction
- If you are the successful bidder on an item you will receive an email or text indicating that you were the successful bidder.
- An invoice will be sent to you within 1 hour of the close of the auction.
- Payment MUST made within two hours (preferably quicker) of your receiving an invoice. If we do not receive payment (or you do not contact us if you need a little more time) within this time frame we will go to the next bidder.
If you are attending Global Finals you have two options for payment.
- You may come to the DISC booth at the EXPO and make payment via credit card or cash.
- You can pay for your item via Stripe..an online credit card processing service. A link will be included in the email notification that you receive. You can also see the invoice by logging in to your account and clicking on Members Home and then on the Messages icon.
- We can ship your item but will have to add shipping costs to your final bid amount.
If you are not attending Global Finals.
- If you receive an ITEM WON NOTIFICATION you will be sent an invoice.
- If you are not at Global Finals, email Charles Compton at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a separate invoice for shipping costs.
- You must pay via Stripe using the link provided.
Picking up your Items
If you are attending Global Finals please pick up your item as quickly as possible. ALL items must be picked up by 4:00 pm on Saturday (5/24). If you are an official, contact us via email at email@example.com and we will make arrangements to take your item to the officials hotel.